Feeling stressed? Herbal teas for anxiety and stress may soothe the nervous system.
Tension at work, city life pressure, family troubles – you never know when and what situation can stress you out. How can you help your body to cope with anxiety and stress? Maybe a cup of warm aromatic tea will help you calm down, get rid of anxiety and worries, and tame insomnia. Choose tea according to your taste and specific character your anxious state has.
How to prepare the prefect stress-relieving herbal tea?
- Put the tea bag in a cup or loose herbs in the strainer.
- Pour boiling water over the tea.
- Steep herbal tea for 10-15 minutes according to your taste preference.
- Add honey, lemon or a cinnamon stick.
- Pair your tea with your favorite book and warm plaid, sip slowly and relax.
The best herbal teas for to fight stress and anxiety:
1. Tea with lemon. No wonder why lemon tea comes in first on our list – it is one of the most well-known easily accessible remedy to lower stress and anxiety. Such stress relieving properties lemon has thanks to a high content of vitamin C.
Put a slice of lemon in a cup of tea, and you will get not only a tasty and aromatic, but also an anti-stress drink. British scientists have found that consistent black tea consumption reduces the recovery period after suffering stress. If you drink it regularly, you can strengthen your nerves, stop reacting too painfully and sharply to various everyday troubles, and also get out of stressful situations faster and easier.
2. Chamomile tea. Since ancient times chamomile has been used to treat various diseases. Due to the unique chemical composition, chamomile tea provides:
• powerful antibacterial action, fighting the pathogenic environment, eliminating internal inflammation;
• antispasmodic properties, which explains its use during PMS, fever or cold;
• diuretic effect, eliminating edema;
• sedative effect, preventing feelings of anxiety.
In fact, a scientific study conducted in 2016  concluded that long-term use of chamomile pharmaceutical grade extract significantly reduced the symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). Of course, the doses of chamomile extract received by the study subjects were much higher than the ones you would get from the tea, nevertheless chamomile tea can be considered as an additional element in the winding off relaxation routine.
Chamomile tea is also among top rated supplements for anxiety and stress.
3. Apple cinnamon tea. Helps to get rid of chronic fatigue syndrome, sleep disturbances, tantrums and irritation, as well as headaches and apathy.
Tea with apples and cinnamon helps to improve the physical and mental state, relieve fatigue and restore strength after stress.