The 90-Second Keto Bread – simple and yummy!
If you’ve been missing the comfort of bread while following a ketogenic lifestyle, this quick and easy recipe will be your new go-to. In just a minute and a half, you can whip up a fluffy, satisfying bread that is low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
Recipe: 90-Second Keto Bread with Keto Flour
- 3 tablespoons of keto flour (almond, chia or coconut flour will do)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 large egg
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: additional herbs or spices for flavor (e.g., garlic powder, rosemary, or oregano)
- In a microwave-safe mug or small bowl, combine the keto flour and baking powder.
- Add the melted butter and egg to the bowl and mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Season the batter with a pinch of salt and any optional herbs or spices you desire. Mix thoroughly to incorporate the flavors.
- Place the bowl or mug in the microwave and cook on high for approximately 90 seconds. Keep an eye on it to prevent overflowing.
- Carefully remove the bread from the microwave (it will be hot!) and let it cool for a few moments.
- Once cooled, gently remove the bread from the bowl or mug and slice it into your desired shape and thickness.
- Enjoy your 90-second keto bread as is or toast it for added crispness. It pairs well with various toppings like avocado, cream cheese, or sugar-free jam.
As mentioned by homemadeheather.com, here is what you will need:
You can totally use the bread you made to compose one of the 100 Keto Breakfast ideas – find your inspiration in this list I have posted recently.
If you are going to make your bread in a cup, it well look pretty funny, but still delicious:
Which Keto Flour to Choose for Keto Bread
When it comes to making 90-second keto bread, choosing the right keto flour is crucial to achieve the perfect texture and taste. With a variety of low-carb flour options available, let’s explore some popular choices and their unique characteristics to help you make an informed decision.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour is one of the most common and versatile keto flours. It offers a subtly nutty flavor and a light, fluffy texture to your bread. Rich in healthy fats and low in carbs, almond flour provides a good source of vitamin E and magnesium. It’s an excellent choice for those looking for a grain-free and gluten-free alternative.
- Coconut Flour: Coconut flour is another popular keto flour, known for its high fiber content and unique texture. It absorbs more liquid than other flours, so you’ll need less of it in your recipe. Coconut flour lends a hint of natural sweetness to your bread and offers a delicate coconut aroma. Keep in mind that it can result in a denser bread, so use it in combination with other flours for best results.
- Flaxseed Meal: Flaxseed meal is a low-carb, high-fiber option that adds a subtle nutty flavor to your bread. Packed with omega-3 fatty acids and lignans, flaxseed meal offers numerous health benefits. It provides moisture and structure to your bread but can result in a denser texture. Consider blending it with other keto flours for a balanced outcome.
- Sunflower Seed Flour: Sunflower seed flour is an excellent nut-free option for those with allergies or sensitivities. It has a mild flavor and a fine texture, making it an ideal choice for baking. Sunflower seed flour is rich in vitamin E, magnesium, and healthy fats. Mix it with other keto flours to balance the flavors and achieve the desired consistency.
- Sesame Seed Flour: Sesame seed flour, made from ground sesame seeds, offers a unique taste and texture to your 90-second bread. It has a slightly nutty and aromatic flavor profile. Sesame seed flour is rich in healthy fats, protein, and fiber, making it a nutritious choice for your keto baking.
Experiment with different combinations or single flours to find the one that yields the taste and texture you desire. Remember to check the net carb content of the flour you choose to ensure it aligns with your keto goals.
This quick and easy recipe yields a fluffy and satisfying keto bread that fits perfectly into your low-carb lifestyle. With just a handful of ingredients and less than two minutes in the microwave, you can enjoy a freshly baked slice of bread without breaking your ketosis. Get creative with your toppings and savor the flavors guilt-free. Happy baking!